Sunday, September 13, 2009

DEAR LORD

This week has been trying. Basically this is the 9th consecutive day of working 8 hours or more per day. I am anxious for school to start because maybe then I'll finally get some rest. Right now I am more tired than I have ever been at the end of a term.

This week has been really great in a lot of ways though. Not On Our Campus went really well, and the discussion after was also really great. I have gotten SO MUCH positive feedback from peer leaders all over the place, both on the professionalism, intensity, and effectiveness of the presentation and the facilitated small group discussions after. That means so much to me and all of the GSCAs. Stand In It With Me, the diversity program, also sparked a lot of really productive conversation among students and peer leaders alike. It was something that the new students are so privileged they get to hear and discuss right off the bat. Frankly a lot of the peer leaders needed it too. There was some really heated discussion and a lot of people were really uncomfortable, which was, in this instance, a really good thing. I feel totally drained, but also really satisfied with this week.

I am considering quitting the Cave. If I can get more hours in the GSC, I want that. I am tired of Richard being a godawful manager and I am tired of working with people who have never worked food service before (no offense Shannon). I just don't want to deal with Richard (as a manager) and really want to spend more time in the GSC with my staff. Side note: Kaaren bought us a new fridge today. We can put all of our fun LGBT food in our fun new LGBT fridge.

Things I plan to post about in the near future:
  • first day of school
  • revamping the GSC library
  • how much I love OIL
  • Thunderheist

1 comment: