Friday, October 16, 2009

Megan and I are obsessed with this tea:


It is super delicious and has rose hips AND petals. It tastes like heaven, actually.

Here are some photos of a tiny metal book I made:


I do realize that this is not the best picture. My actual camera is in a box at 4th and College (where I lived this summer) that I have yet to pick up. I fabricated my own hinge, which was REALLY difficult. A Book is imprinted on the front cover. The "text block" bit is made of brass so it looks like the pages are gilded. There are decorative brass rivets on the cover too. I made a few rings this week, which I will definitely take photos of and post here. And here is my desk in the metals studio!


Earlier this week I cleared it off and under all that junk I found:
  • 3 flat files
  • 2 round files
  • 1 large file
  • 4 pieces of sandpaper
  • 3 saw frames
  • like 40 broken saw blades
  • three pairs of pliers (my favorite are the round tip)
  • 1 rawhide hammer
  • 1 planishing hammer

2 comments: